Friday, April 2, 2010

The Crazies...of MLB


Not really sure how to explain this.
Ozzie Guillen - Manager, Chicago White Sox

In honor of tonight's exhibition game against the White Sox, I thought it'd be a good idea to take a look at one of the great nutjobs in Major League Baseball: Mr. Guillen (as pictured above left).

Now I'm going to relay a bunch of information about him that I stole from Wikipedia.

Ozzie has the distinction of being the first Latin-born manager to win a World Series, as he did with the White Sox in 2005. He also received an AL Rookie of the Year Award as a player, as well as numerous All-Star appearances and a gold glove. I also didn't know until today that he won an NL pennant with the Braves during the 1999 season. Awesome.

Unfortunately, Wikipedia is a little bit lacking in the descriptions of Guillen's antic as a manager. I'm not really sure how he was as a player, but I think he really started to lose it managing.

He's had run-ins with players like Magglio Ordonez and Rich Hill, and reporters like Jay Mariotto.

For further evidence that I can't put into words, let's check out some video.

Here Ozzie struggles mightily with the English language:


Ranting Ozzie-style:


Ozzie freaking out on radio:


Chicago is the home to many things, two baseball teams, lots of hot dogs, wind, and one of the most insane figures in sports today. I hope that Ozzie stays in Chicago for a long time, because the never ending parade of insanity that follows him really turns my crank.

So enjoy those videos and get ready for the two exhibition games against the White Sox at Turner Field this weekend. Game 1 will start tonight at 7:05 while tomorrow afternoon will be at 1:05.

That will be a prelude to the pillaging of Zambrano and the Cubs on Monday afternoon at 4:10. The Sid Slid team will be in attendance, but there will most likely be drinking involved so I can't guarantee the accuracy or lucidity of our coverage.

Peace.


2 comments:

  1. You're never gonna believe this, but I saw Ozzie bicycling around Turner Field around 3:30 yesterday. I gave him a nod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ozzie say, "EEEESNADABIGDEEEEEEL."

    ReplyDelete