Sunday, April 4, 2010

Season starts tomorrow

It'll be Braves-Cubs tomorrow at Turner Field for the 2010 season opener. It's going to be awesome because Jason Heyward will be making his major league debut, and the Sid Slid team will be on hand to provide complete coverage. The Atlanta faithful are also no doubt eagerly awaiting the debut of full time second baseman Martin Prado.

This is of course a lie, I'll be there but providing no coverage because I'm too lazy and it's Opening Day so I don't feel like thinking, just sitting back and soaking in the atmosphere. Also I'm not writing about it because I'm pretty sure no one reads this thing anyway. We gotta work on that. After tomorrow, only 161 games will stand between the Braves and the postseason that will certainly yield a World Series title.

I mean it's Bobby's last year, and if there's a God he will reward that crazy old bastard with a ring in his final season. One can hope.

Speaking of hope, I also hope this is the season that Chief Knockahoma finally makes his long awaited return.

Go Braves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment